Thursday, October 27, 2005

Book Recommendations

I am embarrassed to say that I read Boston Globe's awful insert, Sidekick, today ... but I did. And they had a section about book recommendations for book clubs. They are as follows:

Wicked by Gregory Maguire
The Devil in White City by Erik Larson
The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz
Atonement by Ian McEwan
Devil's Knot by Mara Leveritt
No Ordinary Time by Doris Kearns Goodwin
Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
Home to Italy by Peter Pezzelli
Address Unknown by Kathrine Kressmann Taylor
A Prayer for the Dying by Stewart O'Nan
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hossieini
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
Fragrant Harbor by John Lanchester
Spartina by John Casey
The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman
The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Ablom

Now I must go wash my hands because they are dirty. Stoopid Sidekick.

4 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger Lynzee said...

Question: Did you put all of those links in there all by yourself? I might have to do some name-calling if so.....

 
At 2:39 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger L said...

Answer: Yes, yes, I did. I like the internet. :o)

 
At 3:06 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger Lynzee said...

Okay, then I can't help but say (with great fondness, because you know that I love you)....DORK!

 
At 3:11 PM, October 27, 2005, Blogger L said...

you LOVE me! you REALLY LOVE ME!

ha ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home