Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wicked - George Maguire

Wicked by George Maguire

Eh. I have not seen the musical, although I am planning to when it comes to Boston, but from what I understand, it is better than the book. I was hopeful, because it was pretty good for the first half (Linds -- stay away from this one -- it has a LOT of talking animals), but then it just got too political for it's own good.

So the idea behind this book is that it is the prequel to "The Wizard of Oz" explaining how Glinda the Good Witch knows the Wicked Wich of the West (and East) and blah blah blah -- I think that if Maguire had used of his own original characters and world, it would have worked, but I just couldn't shake the images from the movie. I thought the classic tale/characters/movie take away from the book.

This one only gets one bookmark. Not totally denied, but only a little approved. :o)

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, September 01, 2005, Blogger Lynzee said...

Stooopid talking animals. The only book I ever thought pulled it off was Animal Farm by George Orwell. Didn't like Charlotte's Web or Watership Down. Did I mention that I REALLY hate movies with talking animals?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home