Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Digital Fortress = Dan Brown

Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

Why on earth would I start reading a conspiracy/murder novel as soon as Jason goes away for 2 and a half weeks? I convinced myself last night that there were people watching me from every window and there were surveillance cameras in the bathroom. [shakes head]

As with the other Dan Brown books I've read, I finished this one in 3 sittings. It just MOVED. I'd be interested to know what a computer junkie has to say about this book -- most of the computer virus stuff went over my head but I think Brown does a ridiculous amount of research so I have to assume it's closer to accurate than say, that movie The Net with Sandra Bullock. I had to laugh at some of the descriptions of how attractive the top cryptographer in America is -- of course, the main characters need to be attractive, right? Imagination and suspension of disbelief, right? Wasn't it me that was so annoyed the main characters in that Cholera book were ugly?

I digress. Ummm ... 3 maybe 3.5 bookmarks. Worth a beach read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home