Thursday, July 19, 2007

Moloka'i - Alan Brennert

Moloka'i by Alan Brennert

I've been eying this book for a while now and I finally just bought it (along with 4 other books that are now on my "to read" shelf). It's about the leper colony on Moloka'i in 1890s Hawai'i. Jason and I flew over the place where the leper colony used to be on our helicopter tour -- there are still something like less than a hundred people who live there. The only way to get to the peninsula is by steamship of helicopter. Anyhow, it is the story of a 7 year old girl who is banished to the leper colony. So far has well developed characters, an almost easy to follow narration that jumps from person to person (in the third person), and beautiful mental pictures of the scenery ... Ahhhh Hawaii. No leprosy for me, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home