Monday, February 26, 2007

Paint it Black - Janet Fitch

Paint it Black by Janet Fitch

This was the January book club book. It was suggested because it is the second book by the author of White Oleander that some people liked lot. It's the story of a down on her luck model who drinks too much and smokes too much and works several jobs to support her depressed socialite turned artist boyfriend who just ends up killing himself. In a word: horrible. Well OK, that's not fair. It was actually really well written and I got really int certain parts (yes, convinced myself that I was the character [again] and almost stopped on the way to work to grab some ciggies and voddy). There were just too many things that annoyed me about the character and the story that I won't even go into them. Most everyone in the book club hated it, too (save one). We decided we need to read a book that isn't about suicide soon ...

2 bookmarks
Not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home