Wednesday, September 13, 2006

September's Book Club Book

Tripping the Prom Queen by Susan Shapiro Barash

I joined a book club and this month's book is a "self help" book about female rivalry. It read a bit like a text book from one of my old Women's Psych classes -- I've forgotten what it was like to read text books ....

I didn't finish it. Not even close. Neither did several other people in book club. It was just depressing. I wonder who these women are that are quoted and what horrible people they are and keep company with. I like all of my friends -- I am not trying to steal any of their husbands or their jobs and I don't think any of them are trying to steal mine!

2 bookmarks. Actually, only one. It did, however, spark some interesting conversation and stories about nightmare bosses/co-workers.

1 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Lynzee said...

You joined a BOOK CLUB??? Without ME? Sniffle, sniffle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home