Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Love Wife - Gish Jen

The Love Wife by Gish Jen

My Love Husband bought this for me for Christmas. Cute, right?

It is the story of a self-titled "half-half" family. A Chinese-American man, his Caucasian wife, their two adopted Asian daughters, their biological son and the Chinese "Love Wife" that was sent to be their nanny by the husband's overpowering mother. Very well written and interesting -- I always like books that change narrator fluidly. It's written almost as they are telling the story to a psychiatrist and they each pick up the story where the last person left off and finish each other's sentences and stories. As a newly-wed, I am not enthused about any storyline that hints at marital infidelity or divorce, but hey, I guess it's a reality. Nonetheless, I would recommend this.

4 Bookmarks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home