Friday, November 18, 2005

Mercy - Jodi Picoult



Once again, I feel like the slowest reader of the group -- but oh well. I've finished it, finally.

This book takes place in Wheelock, MA - a small town that is basically a replica of the scottish village that its residents came from, where the police chief is also the clan chief. It starts out with the police chief's cousin showing up in Wheelock one morning with his wife's dead body. He then proceeds to confess that he killed her.

From there, it has several story lines, all of which explore the meaning of love and make you questions what you would do for someone if you loved them more than yourself. There is drama happening with the police chief and his wife, while his cousin is getting ready to go on trial for killing his wife.

This book was pretty good. There wasn't anything new and different about the style, and it didn't have a completely unique story line, but it kept my interest the whole way through. I think that the last 75 pages really made the book. I would recommend this book - it's an easy read (even though it took me a month to finish)!

I give this 3 out of 5 bookmarks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home