Thursday, November 10, 2005

Dry - Augusten Burroughs

I read it! This book was fun. It's a memoir so Augusten tells the story of his quest to get sober after living an alcoholic life in New York City. The stories are funny about the people he encounters, the struggles he has, the people he knew when he was an alcoholic and how he has to adapt once he gets out of rehab. It was interesting hearing from the perspective of the addict, how hard fighting the addiction must be, but it wasn't too serious or dramatic, more humorous. But there are also more serious aspects of it, like his best friend with AIDS, and his struggles with desires to relapse. All in all I liked it. I was expecting it to be more funny than it was, but I always do that - expect it to live up to something it never could. Unless it was David Sedaris... :)

Oh, and it made me realize I am addicted to chocolate.

I give it 4 out of 5 bookmarks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home