Thursday, October 06, 2005

Book Club Friends

Linds and I met a woman at the book store the other night who talked our ears off about books and I looked up a few of her recommendations:

Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
Dry by Augusten Burroughs
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Mercy by Jodi Picoult
The Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult

I bought my uncle the Scissors one for Christmas one year and he said it was funny but disturbing (those two by Burroughs are memoirs). The reviews on Amazon are "love it or hate it" for Outlander (that one is the first of a 6 book historical/romance novel series ). Linds ended up buying a Picoult book -- you'll have to let us know how it is.

Anyone else read any of these?

We've also decided we might need to make business cards or something because we really wanted to share our blog with her ....

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, October 08, 2005, Blogger Lynzee said...

I'm reading Mercy by Jodi Picolt! I do like the idea of busines cards. Maybe it's something besides a business card -- LIKE A BOOKMARK, with info about our blog on it that we could hand out to someone when we want to share ideas about the books we read. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

 
At 3:46 AM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Krissy said...

I have heard the Augusten Burroughs books are quite good. I have a request in at the library but they are popular and I'm still waiting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home