Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Shipping News - Annie Proulx

The Shipping News by Annie Proulx

This one came highly recommended and although it didn't QUITE live up to its reputation, I enjoyed it. It was SLOW goings for a while there and I actually put it down to read another book before I finished it, but once I got used to her unique writing style and got the characters straight in my brain, I really enjoyed it. But I don't ever want to live in Newfoundland ... (Sorry Cara!)

Approved -- 3 bookmarks -- although I think I am going to recommend we alter the bookmark scale a bit -- 4 just isn't enough. If we were using a 5 point scale, this would be a 3, maybe a 3.5. What do you guys think?

Moens OUT!

4 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, August 21, 2005, Blogger L said...

WELCOME, L(C)ARA!!

 
At 10:01 AM, August 23, 2005, Blogger Lynzee said...

Are you still reading this? I'll be interested to hear what you think, because I found both the book and the movie a little bit dull. I'm not a big fan.

Am I allowed to post negative comments on a book that you're currently reading?

 
At 10:32 AM, August 23, 2005, Blogger L said...

All comments, negative or positive, are welcome. Just not the mean ones. Hee hee. I am finding this a bit slow as well ... It's just not the kind of book that makes me look forward to my T commute, you know? But I think I am enjoying it ... slowly ... :o)

 
At 4:48 PM, September 29, 2005, Blogger L said...

As an update -- I miss this book. I know it was a little slow, but I miss the characters. I wonder what they're doing now .......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home