Friday, September 09, 2005

A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters - Julian Barnes

A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters by Julian Barnes

So this came highly recommended and although it was a bit like pulling teeth getting through it, I AM going to recommend it ... HOWEVER ... be warned that it is tough to get through. Each chapter is a different narrator and a COMPLETELY different style ... but they all relate to each other so it's interesting. If you're going to read it, I can recommend chapters to choose from -- but then again, since they all relate to each other, maybe you don't want to skip any (although let me tell you, I WANTED TO SKIP SOME).

So bottom line .... I ... give it ... 2.5 bookmarks?

Oh PS -- it's not like a chronological take on the history of the world -- it is just ... it's a bit out there. The End.

Approved?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home