Friday, September 02, 2005

Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy


I uploaded my own image! Yay.

So I read this book a few months ago and would love to hear other people's opinions on it, if they have read it already. It was a sometimes tortuous 800 pages to get through...some parts were a bit dry for me, talking a lot about farming issues of the olden days, but I read that Tolstoy had issues with that so was voicing his opinions through his character. Levin, I think his name was? How quickly I forget.

All in all, I did enjoy it. I really felt for the characters and felt like they were my friends. I was sad when it all ended and the stories were done. However, a piece of advice to those who haven't read it and choose to...I read a version that had a preface before the book. I chose to read it midway into the book, and it totally gave away the ending! PLEASE, for goodness sake, do not read this if you get this version as it reveals a HUGE spoiler. I was so upset and it really changed the rest of the 400 pages or so I had left. I don't understand why they call it the preface. Wouldn't it have been better at the end, after we know what happened? Bleh.

I give this book 3 out of 4 bookmarks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home