Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri

The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri

If you're looking for a fast paced, action packed thriller, this is not for you. However, if you are looking for a beautifully written, "not much happens except real life" story that follows life rather than a plot, this one IS for you. This book follows an Indian couple who moves to Campbridge, MA after their arranged marriage. It then follows the life of their son -- and his constant struggle with the name his parents have given him.

Ms. Lahiri won a Pulitzer for her collection of stories, "The Interpreter of Maladies" -- I have that on my shelf to read, too.

APPROVED!

1 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, August 24, 2005, Blogger Lynzee said...

I really enjoyed this book. I especially enjoyed reading it at the Sandals in the Bahamas...sigh.

The characters were very lifelike and interesting, and I felt as though I was given a glimpse of another culture. APPROVED!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home