Friday, August 12, 2005

Mystic River - Dennis Lehane

Mystic River by Dennis Lehane

Really really good book .... that made me sad to be a human. I really felt I was IN the book it was so realistic -- almost too realistic (almost). I haven't seen the movie, but I hear it's good. Now that I've read the book, I'm not sure I could stomach the movie. I'd be interested to hear what Jason thinks about the book because he is someone who can always figure out what's going to happen. This book has some plot twists that I was NOT expecting -- I wonder if they're obvious to others. I digress ....

APPROVED!

1 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, August 24, 2005, Blogger Krissy said...

I've seen the movie but haven't read the book. I'd be curious to hear about how you feel about the movie compared to the book. I loved the movie a lot, but I think it was because of the actors and how incredible they were. I wonder how similar the plots are.

On a side note - I met the author when I interned at the Improper Bostonian. And when I say "met", I really mean I walked behind him to the photo shoot while he spoke with the Photo Editor. Anyways, he was telling her how one of his books was in the works with Clint Eastwood to be a movie. Obviously this is before the movie came out. 2001 I think it was. I was in-the-know way before everyone and didn't even know it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home