Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim - David Sedaris

I know I just posted, but I am perplexed as to why no one has posted any of David Sedaris' books yet. They are Fantastic. Yep, with a capital F. I read four of his books and this is by far my favorite, with Me Talk Pretty One Day in a close second. This follows him and his crazy and quirky family, which we all have to some degree. It is sort of a memoir, telling of times in his life, from childhood to present, each chapter being a hilarious time period in his life. And even if it isn't a funny moment, he makes it one. I can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud. I don't like to talk things up too much in case it causes someone to get too excited about something and to ultimately be disappointed, but I can't NOT talk this one up. It's Fantastic.

Four bookmarks to this one. And that's Four, with a capital F.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, August 24, 2005, Blogger Lynzee said...

Welcome to the blog, Krissy! Hope all is well in Australia!

Well, I actually couldn't get through Me Talk Pretty One Day, so I had given up on Sedaris. But you seemed to enjoy this book so much, that maybe I'll give him another shot.

 
At 6:44 AM, August 26, 2005, Blogger Krissy said...

Very interesting. I think I just like wacko cynics, which I think he kind of is :) In a good way, of course. I think with DYFICAD (what an acronym), I liked how dysfunctional and weird his family is. I do have to say that Naked and Barrel Fever were not my favorite, I didn't think they were as funny at all, so maybe Sedaris is a hit or miss guy with people. Love hearing the feedback!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home