Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Tim by Mark Haddon

Quirky and cleverly written -- this is narrated by an 15-year-old autistic boy who is a mathematical genius, but a socially ... challenged. Reminded me of the time I used to baby-sit for that autistic kid, Matt, and his sister Hayley from down the street ... oh wait, that wasn't me ... that was Claudia from the Baby-Sitters Club ...

This is a good read -- quick, too. One of my favorite moments is when he is describing being spoken to by someone in a coffee shop and how kept on screaming because he didn't want to be spoken to. He says it in a way that made me feel it was "no big deal" that he was screaming -- because isn't that what you do when you don't want someone to talk to you?

APPROVED!

1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, October 19, 2005, Blogger Krissy said...

I read this and have to say I didn't love it. I think I didn't connect with the kid narrator - I got more annoyed at the distractions and random thoughts he had. It got to the point where I skimmed through some chapters because I would think it had nothing to do with the plotline. I just didn't connect with this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home