Monday, July 11, 2005

The Red Tent - Anita Diamant


The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

I would re-read this one in a heartbeat. I really felt like Dinah was my friend throught the book -- really great character. It is the fictionalized sotry of the life of Dinah, a biblical character. Remember Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat? Well, there was Joseph and all his brothers -- and their sister, Dinah. There isn't a lot of actual historical documentation of her life, so this author created a life for her. VERY well written. Another possible topic for our meeting: historical fiction and how much I like it because it makes me want to know more about the time period. I really like it when the characters are real people that I can research.

APPROVED

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, July 14, 2005, Blogger scissorbill said...

I also loved this book. And Garp. I'm going to have to check out AHEB next, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home